CHARLES EDWARD CRAIG, JR.
Tennessee Tech University
College of Education Student Success Center
Cookeville, TN 38505-0001
Office: T.J. Farr Building, room 202B
Phone: (931) 372-3078
Fax: (931) 372-6035
Professional Website: www.CharlesCraigSite.com
Ed.S. – Tennessee Tech University, Cookeville, TN, Major: Instructional Leadership, 4.0 GPA, Kappa Delta Pi Honor Society, August, 2011.
M.A.T. – The University of Memphis, Memphis, TN, Major: Curriculum and Instruction, 3.71 GPA, Kappa Delta Pi Honor Society, May, 1993.
B.A. – The University of Memphis, Memphis, TN, Major: History, 3.02 GPA, December, 1990.
Tennessee Tech University, Cookeville, TN: Instructor, Academic Advisor. 2006 – Present. Advise undergraduate students in the following majors within the College of Education:
- Multidisciplinary Studies – ESL
- Multidisciplinary Studies – Middle School (Language Arts/English, Math, Science, Social Studies)
- Secondary Education (Social Studies – Economics, Geography, History, Political Science; Science – Biology, Chemistry, Earth Science, Physics; Math; English; Foreign Languages – French, German, Spanish; Speech and Theater)
Supervise the instruction of FOED 1820 Intro to Field Experience, FOED 1822 Intro to Field Exp / Orientation, and FOED 2011 Intro to Teaching / Technology. Maintain the websites for the College of Education Student Success Center, FOED 1820/1822, FOED 2011, K-12 Virtual Field Experience, Problem-Based Learning at Tennessee Tech University, and TTU Ready2Teach.
Courses Taught (Past and Present) at Tennessee Tech University:
- CUED 4850 / 4851 – Technology for Teachers (online using iLearn)
- CUED 6920 / 6921 – Technology for Teachers (online using iLearn)
- FOED 1820 – Intro to Field Experience
- FOED 1822 – Intro to Field Exp / Orientation
- FOED 2011 – Intro to Teaching / Technology
- FOED 3010 – Integrating Instructional Technology into the Classroom
- TEAS 4001 / 5001 – Collaborative Practices, Trends and Issues, and Characteristics of the Exceptional Learner in Special Education (Regents Online using eLearn)
- TEAS 4009 / 5009 – Adaptive PE in Special Education (Regents Online using eLearn)
- UNIV 1020 – First-Year Connections
- UNIV 1022 – Directed Studies
Belk Department Store, Cookeville, TN: Support Associate. 2011-2012. Part-time, seasonal. Unpacked merchandise and prepared it for the retail floor.
Putnam County Schools, Cookeville, TN: Teacher. 2004 – 2006. Eleventh Grade U.S. History at Cookeville High School and Sixth Grade Social Studies to students at Prescott Central Middle School (2005-2006). Eighth Grade U.S. History at Avery Trace Middle School (2004-2005). Coached boys’ soccer (A.T.M.S.) and Odyssey of the Mind (A.T.M.S. and P.C.M.S.).
Berkline, LLC, Livingston, TN: Plant Personnel Manager, Personnel Coordinator, Human Resource Assistant. 1998 – 2004. Managed all aspects of the Personnel Department on a plant-wide level (approximately 650 employees), which included plant safety, workers’ compensation, employee benefits, and employee record-keeping. Managed departmental employees and trained supervision and hourly employees. Ensured compliance to FMLA, ADA, EEOC / OFCCP, and OSHA / TOSHA laws. Investigated harassment and discrimination claims. Compiled EEO Quarterly Impact Analysis and yearly Affirmative Action Program. Screened, interviewed, and tested applicants. Organized special events.
Express Personnel Services, Cookeville, TN: Personnel Supervisor. 1997 – 1998. Interviewed, tested, and screened applicants and filled job orders for a variety of client companies. Recruited new applicants and clients. Contributed to expanding the average weekly volume of business by nearly six times.
Upper Cumberland Human Resource Agency, Cookeville, TN: Summer Youth Program Specialist. Summer, 1997. Observed and evaluated the summer youth program and assisted case managers. Wrote a detailed handbook to be used in training future case managers. Compiled a statistical analysis of the summer youth program.
Christian Academy of Campbell County, LaFollette, TN: Teacher. 1996 – 1997. Sixth Grade.
Haywood County Schools, Brownsville, TN: Teacher. 1993 – 1996. Eleventh Grade U.S. History, Tenth Grade World History, and Ninth Grade World Geography to students at Haywood High School. Sponsor of the high school yearbook.
PROJECTS / PRESENTATIONS / GRANTS
- Reviewed Chapters 3, 5, 6, and 10 of Introduction to Teaching: Making a Difference in Student Learning, SAGE Publications, January, 2013.
- “An Examination of the Benefits of Using Open Source Software in Schools” – Research Project for Ed.S., July, 2011.
- Course redesign for master copy of TEAS 4009/5009 – Adaptive PE in Special Education, Tennessee Regents Online (RODP), April, 2011.
- Course redesign for master copy of TEAS 4001/5001 – Collaborative Practices, Trends and Issues, and Characteristics of the Exceptional Learner in Special Education, Tennessee Regents Online (RODP), April, 2011.
- Created a PBL (Problem-Based Learning) reference website (http://sites.google.com/site/ttupbl) for the College of Education, Tennessee Tech University, December, 2010.
- PBL (Problem-Based Learning) Module Development Team, Tennessee Tech University, August, 2010.
- Reviewed chapters 5 and 6 of TEACH, by James Fraser, published by McGraw-Hill in 2011, ISBN: 978-0-07-248192-1, Library of Congress Control Number: 2009050796, Fall, 2008.
- Created orientation CD (using Camtasia software) for the EXPW (Exercise Science) online Masters program at Tennessee Tech University, Summer, 2008.
- “30 Tips in 30 Minutes,” co-presented at the College of Education Fall Retreat, August, 2015.
- “Project Inspire” Grant Presentation at Spring Colloquium, February, 2015
- “Meet the Academic Advisors,” co-presented at the College of Education Data Retreat, August, 2014
- “Promethean ActivExpression 101,” presented at the Phoenix School in Cumberland County, TN, January, 2010.
- “The Essentials of Registration,” presented to UNIV 1020 class at Tennessee Tech University, October, 2008.
- “How to Use iLearn,” presented to UNIV 1020 class at Tennessee Tech University, July, 2008.
- “Project Inspire,” co-manager. Awarded $4,990.00
- “Academic Improvement Mentoring (AIM) Project,” Student Engagement, Retention, & Success Grant (Through the Tennessee Board of Regents), submitted as a co-author, January, 2014. Applied, but not funded.
- QEP (Quality Enhancement Plan) Grant through Tennessee Tech University, March, 2014. Applied, but not funded
- NACADA (National ACademic ADvising Association)
- TTU Teacher Education Committee (until 2018)
- TTU Admissions and Credits Committee (until 2018)
- TTU College of Education Executive Leadership Council
- TTU College of Education Scholarship Committee
- TTU Common Book Committee
- NACADA Tennessee State Drive-In 2016 Planning Committee
- NACADA Tennessee State Drive-In 2016 Events Committee
- Phi Delta Kappa International
- TBR (Tennessee Board of Regents) Ready2Teach PBL (Problem-Based Learning) Taskforce
- Tennessee College Access and Success Network
- TTU Advising Exchange Steering Committee
- TTU Enrollment Management and Student Success Taskforce
- TTU Targeted Admissions Committee
- TTU FOED 2011 Textbook Selection Committee
- TTU Campus Compass Committee
- TTU College of Education IT Committee
- Kappa Delta Pi Honor Society
- Heart of the City Playground Build, 2015
- Habitat for Humanity: Home Build, 2015; Sponsor of TTU Habitat for Humanity Campus Chaper (Fall 2016 – Present)
- Volunteer Cleanup/Conservation Project at Sgt. Alvin C. York State Park, 2015
- Various Service, Covenant Church
- Member of TTU Habitat for Humanity Chapter
- Assisted at Pet Adoption Event, A.A.R.F. (All About Rescue and Fixin’ Inc.)
- Secretary of the Diaconate (former), Grace Presbyterian Church, PCA
- Member of Building Committee (former), Grace Presbyterian Church, PCA
- Scoutmaster (former), Boy Scouts of America
- Board Member (former), United Way of Overton County
- Office Suites: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), iWork (Pages, Numbers, Keynote), Google Office (Docs, Sheets, Slides), Quattro Pro, WordPerfect, OpenOffice / LibreOffice Suites (Calc, Draw, Impress, and Writer).
- Operating Systems: Windows (3.0 through 10); Macintosh (OS 9, OS X, OS), iOS; Linux (various distributions, mostly with Ubuntu); Android; OpenSolaris; PC-BSD; MS-DOS.
- Programming: Turbo Basic, some HTML.
- Other: TechConnect (SSC Campus), DegreeWoks, Banner INB and SSB, VirtualBox, SMART Board and Promethean interactive whiteboards, Camtasia, SIS – TTUMIS student information system, iLearn / eLearn online course management, Ionfolio online portfolio, Navision personnel record-keeping, Kronos timekeeping on AS400 system, E-Class Grades.
- http://www.CharlesCraigSite.com – professional website
- http://www.tntech.edu/education/edadvising – site maintainer
- https://sites.google.com/site/ttufoed1820and1822 – site maintainer
- https://sites.google.com/site/ttufoed2011 – site maintainer
- http://www.youtube.com/VFieldExp – site maintainer
- http://sites.google.com/site/TTUPBL – site maintainer
- http://sites.google.com/site/TTUReady2Teach – site maintainer
- http://www.RenewablePCs.com – personal website
Training / Seminars Attended
- EAB SSC Specialist Program, April 2015
- NACADA State Drive-in Conference, February, 2015
- EAB SSC Training, January, 2015
- “Tennessee edTPA Workshop.” November, 2014
- “Memphis in May Student Affairs Conference.” May, 2014
- “DegreeWorks Training.” November, 2013
- “Tennessee College Access and Success Conference.” November, 2013
- “Tk20 Training.” August, 2013
- “TPA (Teacher Performance Assessment) Training.” Tennessee Board of Regents. August, 2010
- “Website Maintenance.” July, 2010
- “Ad Astra Platinum Analytics Student Retention” webinar, February, 2010
- “Banner Training for Entering Permits.” February, 2010
- “TeacherWeb / Study Island Presentation” webinar. November, 2009
- “Banner Training for Assigning Permits.” June, 2009
- “ARGOS Training.” May, 2009
- “What the Technology Institute is Doing for You.” April, 2009
- “Effective Management of Student Conduct.” March, 2009
- “Faculty and Student Integration of Podcasting and the iPod Touch.” February, 2009
- “Get Motivated” seminar. October, 2008
- NACADA “Affirmative Advising” webinar. September, 2008
- “Ethical Issues in Research.” July, 2008
- RODP iLearn training, May, 2008
- “Banner Training for Entering Permits and Assigning Advisors.” May, 2008
- “Banner Training for Advisors.” April, 2008
- “Banner Registration Information for Summer and Fall 2008.” March, 2008
- “OEP Service Learning Workshop.” March, 2008
- “Sigi 3” training, February, 2008
- NACADA “Advisors’ Roundup!” September, 2007
- SMART Board training, August, 2007
- “iLearn Bootcamp.” August, 2007
- “Introduction to iLearn Online Learning.” April, 2007
LICENCES / CERTIFICATIONS
Tennessee Professional Teacher License, History (021) grades 7-12, “Highly Qualified” in History and Middle Grades Math. Expires on August 31, 2025.
HONORS / AWARDS
- TTU Provost’s Excellence in Advising Award 2016-2017, April 2017
- Kappa Delta Pi Honor Society
- EAB Student Success Collaborative Super User Award, 2015
- Nominated for TTU Provost’s Excellence in Advising Award, April, 2015 and March, 2017
- Nominated for the Award for Excellence in UNIV 1020 Instruction, December, 2012